To cross this "entry barrier", I was asked my birthdate, phone number, name of my dog,.....
It could be seen as normal, but why do I have to give personal information to a company (that is making money out of it) to be able to participate to a class in a school I have already been admitted in?
Do not misunderstand me, I am not complaining about ethical issues or about this blogging idea.
I just think that internet is supposed to be simple and easy to use.
But as the big e-companies are going into the "data business" (selling customers base, data mining, targeted e-marketing) is becoming too visible and annoying, it seems that you can not use one interesting site without getting asked to answer private questions.
And honestly, are those personal data reliable? I lied on each data I gave (almost) because I do not want google to know my life (yes, I am old school).
Just out of curiosity, do you always say the truth when asked about your private data for commercial purpose?
No comments:
Post a Comment